Skip to main content

Turner Business Chats with 2025 CSU Homecoming Queen Victoria Trieu

We recently reported that Turner College general business major, Victoria Trieu, was named Homecoming Queen at the end of CSU's Homecoming Week 2025. As we wrote, her campaign for the honor was masterful. We were recently able to chat with Victoria about that campaign, her noteworthy engagement in campus life, and her plans for life after graduation. The transcript of that chat is provided below.

TB: ‎College and university officials often struggle to get students to consider the benefits of become actively involved in several activities while attending college. You seem to have figured out early, perhaps even back in high school, that a high degree of involvement enhances the educational experience. Did you have any role models in this regard? How did you come to this understanding?

VT: Growing up, I was surrounded by people who believed that leadership and service go hand in hand. My biggest role models were my mom and older peers who showed that being involved wasn’t just about building a résumé, it was about building community. In high school, I noticed how much more meaningful their experiences were because they took initiative, connected with others, and created opportunities for growth. When I came to CSU, I carried that same mindset. Getting involved early helped me find my purpose, meet incredible people, and make an impact on campus. I learned firsthand that involvement transforms college from something you attend into something you experience.

TB: Your campaign for Homecoming Queen, the slogans and digital and printed materials, was fantastic. Describe the process of coming up with all of that.

VT: My “Project Homecoming: Collection CrownVic” campaign was a creative reflection of who I am which blended fashion, authenticity, and school spirit. I started by brainstorming a theme that represented both confidence and community, which led to the idea of “Runway to Royalty.” From there, I designed slogans, visuals, and social media content that connected with CSU’s diverse student body. Every detail, from color palettes to captions, was intentional, reflecting inclusivity, creativity, and Cougar pride. I collaborated with friends for photoshoots, managed digital rollouts, and organized giveaways to make the campaign interactive. It wasn’t just about running; it was about celebrating what makes CSU feel like home.

TB: As you get nearer to graduating from CSU, have you formulated any post-graduation plans?

VT: As I approach graduation, I’m focused on combining my passions for business, marketing, and leadership into a meaningful career. My plan is to pursue opportunities in marketing strategy, brand management, or community engagement, the areas where creativity and impact intersect. I also plan to continue developing my personal brand and entrepreneurial projects that empower others to express themselves authentically. Long term, I hope to use everything I’ve learned at CSU, leadership, collaboration, and innovation, to build a career that uplifts both people and purpose. I also hope to pursue a master’s in business as I graduate Spring ’26.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABDC Releases 2025 Journal Review, Now Ranks Journal Edited by Phil Bryant

The long-awaited journal review being conducted by the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) has been released and there are a number of news items that relate to faculty in the Turner College. One of these is the ABDC's decision to now include  Compensation and Benefits Review in its journal rankings. This is big news for the Turner College as its editor, Phil Bryant , is a professor of management in the Turner College. The ABDC is proposing that the journal enter its system for the first time as a C-rated journal. Acting Turner College Dean Tesa Leonce sits on the journal's editorial board, while Turner College management professor Mark James has guest-edited an issue of the journal. Published by SAGE,  Compensation & Benefits Review is the leading journal for senior executives and professionals who design, implement, evaluate and communicate compensation and benefits policies and programs. The journal supports compensation and benefits specialists and academic ex...

Deborah Kidder's Tenure as Dean of the Turner College Set to End on December 12th

The Turner College community was informed this morning that Deborah Kidder 's tenure as Dean of the organization is set to end on December 12, 2025. An e-mail communication to Turner College faculty from CSU Provost & Executive Vice President Dustin Anderson states, " I am writing to share that Dr. Deborah Kidder will be stepping down as Dean of the Turner College of Business & Technology, effective December 12, 2025. Under . . . Kidder's guidance, the college achieved a number of milestones, such as maintaining our AACSB accreditation, and the establishment of a Business Transfer Articulation with Columbus Technical College. We appreciate . . . Kidder’s service and contributions to the college during her time as Dean.  In the interim, . . . Tesa Leonce-Regalado will be appointed Acting Dean to lead the college while we conduct a national search . . .  John Finley has agreed to serve as Acting Associate Dean to support our faculty and students during this time as w...

The New Financial Times Top 50 Business Journals Just Released

The newest list of Top 50 journals in business has been released by The Financial Times . This list is used by many of the top business schools around the globe to evaluate business faculty. Containing only 50 journals, this list is generally too restrictive to use as an assessment tool at most business schools. The typical business school employs longer lists constructed by the Chartered Association of Business Schools, the Australian Business Deans Council and Scimago. The new FT Top 50 list is provided below. Congrats to Turner College faculty who have published from this list in the past, such as Charles Boster (accounting), Deborah Kidder (management), Laurence Marsh (management), Frank Mixon (economics) and Ed O'Donnell (marketing). Academy of Management Annals Academy of Management Journal Academy of Management Review Accounting Review Accounting, Organizations and Society Administrative Science Quarterly American Economic Review American Sociological Review Contemporar...